Sunday 18 October 2020, 01:00pm - 04:30pm
When: 18th October, 1 - 4.30 pm (registration closes 9th October)
Where: East Victoria Park Family & Community Centre
248 Gloucester St, East Vic Park. Next to the Leisurelife Rec Centre and near the oval.
Cost: $30 or $15 for HEWA members. HEWA members, please log in for member pricing.
Bringing a partner or family member for free:
When you register for this workshop, you can bring a spouse, partner or family member (such as your child's grandparent) for free. Just register for one ticket but please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know who you are bringing so that we can make sure we have enough materials.
This workshop covers everything you need to know about getting started with home education. It explains:
- What home education is and what the requirements are
- How to register for home education
- Where to start with your home education journey
- How to navigate the transition from schooling into home education if your child has been in school
- How to prepare for your first Moderator meeting (and who a Moderator is)
- How to create a support network and find resources
- How to answer the question “what about socialisation?”
- Frequently asked questions… and much more!
This workshop is great for people who:
- Have just started home educating or are still fairly new to home education
- Are considering home educating their child and the information necessary to make a decision
- Want to find out more about home education as one possible option for their child’s education
For further questions, please contact: email@example.com