Home Education WA Events
Home Educating families are invited to upload events that are of relevance to the home education community. Once submitted, events need to be approved before they are published on the calendar. This is to ensure that spam is not uploaded to the calendar. Approving events may take several days as this job is done by volunteers. Please ensure that you include contact details for your event.
Please also be aware that we can only publish not-for-profit events. Businesses offering events, workshops, classes or courses for home educating students are welcome to advertise on the website and through our newsletter and app. Click here for more information on advertising.
HEWA provides this calendar of events as a service to the home education community. Inclusion of events does not imply endorsement or recommendation by HEWA and readers should evaluate the suitability of events for their own situation. HEWA also reserves the right to correct spelling or adjust content to increase reader understanding if necessary.
If you have any questions about using this calendar or approval of your event, please contact us.
Home Education WA | Events Calendar
An “Understanding the WA Curriculum, Planning & Reporting” workshop will be held on 16th November in Mandurah, 1 – 4.30pm.
The workshop covers everything you need to know about the WA Curriculum, planning an educational program and reporting on your child’s progress. It explains:
- what you need to provide your moderator and what you don’t need to provide
- what moderators can ask for and what they should not ask for
- what curricula can be used in home education
- understanding your responsibilities with regard to curriculum requirements
- ways to plan and program that will cover your curriculum requirements
- how to understand curriculum jargon
- ways to record and report on children’s progress
- ways to meet the requirements for recording and reporting in a way that supports your personal style of home-educating
This workshop will help you feel more confident with understanding the curriculum. It aims to help you reduce anxiety around planning and reporting on your child’s progress and to help you find ways to meet your curriculum requirements that match your home education philosophy.
This workshop is great for people who:
- Are still fairly new to home education and want to understand the curriculum and the home education requirements
- Have been home-educating for some time but want clarification about the curriculum and requirements for moderator meetings
- Want to find easier ways to program and report on their child’s progress!
Find out more or register here: https://hbln.org.au/events/book-events