Home Education WA Events
Home Educating families are invited to upload events that are of relevance to the home education community. Once submitted, events need to be approved before they are published on the calendar. This is to ensure that spam is not uploaded to the calendar. Approving events may take several days as this job is done by volunteers. Please ensure that you include contact details for your event.
Please also be aware that we can only publish not-for-profit events. Businesses offering events, workshops, classes or courses for home educating students are welcome to advertise on the website and through our newsletter and app. Click here for more information on advertising.
HEWA provides this calendar of events as a service to the home education community. Inclusion of events does not imply endorsement or recommendation by HEWA and readers should evaluate the suitability of events for their own situation. HEWA also reserves the right to correct spelling or adjust content to increase reader understanding if necessary.
If you have any questions about using this calendar or approval of your event, please contact us.
Home Education WA | Events Calendar
Our next Getting Started with Home Education workshop is happening soon!
This workshop covers everything you need to know about getting started with home education. It explains:
- What home education is and what the requirements are
- How to register for home education
- Where to start with your home education journey
- How to navigate the transition from schooling into home education if your child has been in school
- How to prepare for your first Moderator meeting (and who a Moderator is)
- How to create a support network and find resources
- How to answer the question “what about socialisation?”
- Frequently asked questions… and much more!
This workshop is great for people who:
- Have just started home educating or are still fairly new to home education
- Are considering home educating their child and the information necessary to make a decision
- Want to find out more about home education as one possible option for their child’s education
When: 15th September, 1 – 4.30pm (Registration closes on 8th September)
Where: East Victoria Park Family & Community Centre
Cost: $30 or $15 HEWA members.
When you register for this workshop, you can bring a spouse, partner or family member (such as your child’s grandparent) for free.