The scholarship program is open to all Home Education WA members (with the exception of Affiliate Members) with students able to apply for a cash scholarship in one of the nine areas listed below.
It can be used to pay for any expense associated with accepting an opportunity presented to a candidate by a group, company or existing organisation that will assist them in furthering their talents and/or education.
Application packages for a scholarship can be downloaded here. The final closing date for receiving applications is the 30th September 2015 with scholarships awarded on the 15th November 2015. Late entries will not be accepted under any circumstances.
For further details email email@example.com
For a complete list of the available scholarships and the areas they cover please see the list below:
- HEWA Writer’s Scholarship – covering poetry, prose, fiction, nonfiction, screenplays, plays, radio scripts, publishing.
- HEWA Fine Art scholarship – covering sculpture, design, painting, graphic novels, craft.
- HEWA Sport Scholarship - covering any form of individual or team sport including, but not limited to, ice skating, rowing, dragon boat racing, horse riding, hockey, archery, pool, billiards, bocce, sailing, skeet shooting, skiing.
- HEWA Music Scholarship – covering choirs, soloists, musicians, conductors, composers, eisteddfods.
- HEWA Science Scholarship – covering research, inventions, medical, astronomy, mathematics, tournaments and challenges i.e. Robotic cup, Tournament of the Minds.
- HEWA Art Scholarship – covering dance, drama, film, directing, production, set design, makeup.
- HEWA Entrepreneur’s Scholarship – covering young businessmen/women, inventors, specifically those looking at building a career in the business sector.
- HEWA Humanitarian scholarship – covering students working with NGO’s and community groups such as Scouts, Red Cross, Good Samaritans etc.
- HEWA Outside the Box scholarship - covering gaming tournaments and other categories not covered above.