A person wishing to make a complaint may do so in writing or verbally to:
- the class instructor/volunteer they were dealing with at the time
- the organiser of the group activitiy
- the Secretary of the Home Based Learning Network
- the President of the Home Based Learning Network
If possible, prior to making a formal complaint the complainant should attempt to resolve the issue with the person with whom they have a problem (be it an organiser, instructor, volunteer or other parent), in an amicable and respectful manner.
If the complaint is about:
- an instructor/volunteer, the complaint will normally be dealt with by the Group Organiser
- an Organiser or Committee member, the complaint will normally be dealt with by the President of HBLN
- the HBLN President the complaint will normally be dealt with by the Secretary
If you are unhappy with the response to a verbal complaint, please send awritten complaint to the Home Based Learning Network by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject heading 'Complaint'. The Secretary will be responsible for responding to the complaint and if the complaint is about the Secretary it will be passed directly to the President.
The complaint will be managed in accordance with the HBLN complaints guideline.
The complaint will be investigated within 14 days of being received and a written response, outlining what is being done to resolve the issue and the expected time frame for resolution, will be sent to the complainant within 21 days of the complaint being received.
As far as possible, complaints or appeals will be investigated and resolved within 30 days of being received. If this time frame cannot be met, the complainant will be informed of the reasons why and of the alternative time frame for resolution.
All complaints are kept on a confidential file which is reviewed six monthly to improve service provision.